POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Background Images? : Background Images? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Background Images?
From: Valerie Robbins
Date: 7 Jan 2000 00:14:05
Message: <3875761d@news.povray.org>
Is it possible with POV Ray 3.1 to put in a background image.  I know about
the sky sphere, but I would like to have my objects in the foreground, and
then a bitmap (or some other graphic format) in the back, like a picture of
some snowy mountians.  Is this possible without actually modelling the
mountains?  I know that many software packages have features like this, but
I'm at a loss to find anything mentioned in the POV documentation on it.

-Val